At the heart of Pembury is a desire to partner with others to achieve quality of life and see them thrive. This applies not only to our residents, but also to the communities we operate in. Wherever there are people, there are needs, and we feel it is our responsibility as an organisation to set aside time and resources to make a difference in our communities. We are currently looking for charities to support, so if you have any suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are our current involvements:
- Pembury Bryanston 2017: Our residents each made a donation towards the Santa’s Shoeboxes project again. Shoeboxes were decorated and filled with clothing, stationery, toiletries, toys and sweets for less fortunate children. Wonderful job by the team there! Thank you to everyone that participated.
- Pembury Bryanston got a letter from the Baragwanath Hospital; thanking the knitting club for their teddy bear donation. Some of the teddies have been distributed to the Muldersdrift Clinic who will use them as part of a project to encourage new moms and babies to come to the clinic for inoculations and check-ups.
- Pembury: We sponsor a feeding scheme in Fairland, Johannesburg where over 100 homeless people get a hot meal every Saturday. Please see pictures below.
- Pembury: May 2016: The Knitting Club sponsored another 100 beanies to their local charity, called Children of Afrika Tikkun (More information below). They were distributed at the Centre located in Orange Farm. Please see herewith the Thank You Letter received from the Charity.
- Pembury: The Team take hot meals to the children at CHOC in Saxonworld. CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, presented Pembury with a CERTIFICATE OF APPRECIATION. This Certificate acknowledges the special contribution by our Lodge. This certificate will be framed and put up in Pembury Madison’s Reception: View Certificate
- Pembury Plettenberg Bay donated blankets to Masizama Children’s Home in Plettenberg Bay for some much-needed warmth last winter.