Pembury Sandton – your perfect retirement village in Sandton
84 Katherine Street, Sandton
Contact Bev Johnston
Tel: 011 555 4000 Email: email@example.com
Pembury Sandton is situated in the heart of Sandton on Katherine Street. This assisted living retirement lodge is close to doctors and Morningside Clinic, as well as an assortment of popular shops and Sandton City.
Pembury Sandton offers retirement apartments to rent in various sizes of accommodation.
Pembury Sandton offers single rooms with an en-suite bathroom, studio / bachelor apartments, one bedroom suites (which include a separate bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower and bath, a separate lounge area and kitchenette area), double suites (includes a lounge cum kitchenette area with a bedroom on either side with en suite bathrooms).
Our comfortable Frail Care apartment are private and comfortable; each apartment has an ensuite bathroom.
Pembury Sandton also offers Occupancy Rights on all the above apartments. When you buy an Occupancy Right, you pay 30% less on your monthly rate.
Occupancy rights mean you have purchased the right to occupy a specific unit for the remainder of your life. Although we use the term buying and selling there is no purchase of actual property. The unit’s purchase price is calculated on the market related selling price of the property. This predetermined amount can also be seen as a lifetime rent paid up front. A deposit is required to secure the unit and the outstanding amount will be due upon occupancy of the unit. There are no transfer duties or registration fees to be paid. Please remember however that the unit itself is not an investment or asset and cannot be left to other family members in your will. When the unit is resold , a market related percentage of the unit’s current selling price will be paid back which is determined on a sliding scale depending on the duration of the occupancy.
Our monthly rates include the following:-
- The suite is fully serviced and we have a laundry where the washing and ironing is done.
- Three balanced, home cooked meals are served a day in the dining room and tea and coffee and snacks in the morning and afternoon.
- A Matron on duty during the day to supervise the nursing staff and care for the residents.
- A nursing sister and nurses on duty 24 hours a day. If necessary, the nurses will assist with bathing and caring for you. All medication is handled by our resident nursing sister and administered when necessary.
- If you prefer full time day and night nursing staff, this would be an extra charge for your account.
- All our residents wear emergency panic buttons around their necks in case of an emergency or if they need to call a nurse to attend to them. There is an initial, once-off charge for the panic button and the replacement cost, if lost, will be charged to the resident.
We have a resident hairdresser and have a manicurist that comes in once a month to do nails. The podiatrist comes in every 6 weeks. These charges are added to your account and paid with the monthly accommodation.
We have a driver to take the residents shopping on a Tuesday if they would like to, as well as to doctors appointments when necessary. This is charged per round trip and is added to your account. The driver is available on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Pembury Sandton offers regular activities and entertainment. We do arts and crafts, play bingo and watch movies. We have a fully stocked library and our residents enjoy a good game of cards. We also have a family lunch twice a year, we have monthly birthday entertainment and do special lunches for things like Valentine’s Day.
The suite is not furnished so you would be required to bring whatever is needed to make everyone comfortable. There is DSTV in the lounges (but if you require DSTV in your room, this will be for your own account.)
The additional monthly charges are for electricity, telephone line rental, medicine ordering and dispensing, driver services and extra nursing.
A non-refundable deposit is payable on signing of the contract, plus a months holding deposit equivalent to the monthly rental.
If you have any further questions and need a little more information, please do not hesitate to contact me.